Thursday, May 24, 2007

Mt. Shasta, Part Deux


Two years ago, Goeric and myself attempted to climb Mt. Shasta. Things were different back then: kids would not listen to that foreign rock music, and snow would fall in the mountains during the winter. This year the snow cover was extremely thin, so we abandoned our initial plan to climb through Clear Creek and chose Hotlum-Wintum instead. Perfect weather made for a great couple days in the mountains. My dad (who flew in all the way from Belgium for this) and Goeric made it to the top, I turned around a few hundred feet shy of the 14162ft/4316m summit (altitude sickness again, I'll bring oxygen next time for sure). This was the virgin journey for my telemark skis, amazing sticks! I am sure Goeric will put together a killer video, but in the meantime here are a bunch of pix.

No comments: