Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Madagascar Part 2 - How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love CIPRO


After a couple of rough days I am back on my feet exploring Tana. We went to see the market (check out Alvin's coverage of a local riot) and marveled at the tasty delights only a local farmers market can bring, such as fly infested chicken intestins and mold-cured fish remains. This outing made us hungry, so we went to an indonesian restaurant for dinner.
I also saw my first lemur. I must say these things are really cute. They don't look like monkeys at all, more like a genetic screw up between a squirrel, a panda bear and a chimp. They are very loud and a lot of fun to watch.
We are flying to Nosy-Be this weekend to scientifically investigate whether the Malagasy beaches are truly up to their reputation. Hard work, but I feel we will be up to the task. Breaking news: I was able to upload a few pix so check it out.

No comments: